Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hello!

Hi,

I'm John, KD8MQ, and I'm your new Affiliated Club Coordinator for the Ohio Section.

You might be wondering just what a "Affiliated Club Coordinator" does. Well, lots of stuff actually.
Let's read what the ARRL says in the job description.
The ACC is the primary contact and resource person for each Amateur Radio club in the section, specializing in motivating, providing assistance and coordinating joint activities of radio clubs. The ACC is appointed by, and reports to, the Section Manager.
you can read the description yourself at http://www.arrl.org/affiliated-club-coordinator.

I'm here to help you. That's it; as simple as that. When our clubs thrive, it's good for all of us.

Now, here's a few things you can do to help me to help you:
  • File Those Annual Reports - Among other things, this is where I get your clubs contact information. Trust me, I will contact some of you from time to time, just to chew the fat, and see how things are going.
    Most of you in the section are pretty well up to date in filing your reports. There's some of you that are a bit behind, but not bad.
  • Send Me Your Newsletter - Next to actually talking to you, this is a great way for me to keep up with what your club is doing. I don't care if you send me your newsletter as an attachment, or a link to a website, or even a good old-fashioned paper copy mailed to my doorstep. The important thing is to keep me in the loop as to what is happening in your neck of the woods.
  • Send Me Your Club News & Pictures - Anything that you think Other clubs in the section might want to see. 
That's about it for now. If you world like to keep up on what I'm doing, check out my ACC blog at www.kd8mq-acc.blogspot.com. I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible, whether at a club meeting, or a Hamfest, or maybe just over a bowl of ice cream sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment